Prayer Gathering Template
Thanks so much for your Life Group being willing to lead a prayer gathering. We hold weekly prayer gatherings for two main reasons.
God can do more in a moment than we can do in a lifetime. One of our 4 core values as a church is “Big Expectant Prayers.” God is not the best thing we’ve got going for us as a church, He’s all we got. So we’re coming together to pray for some things that only God could do. “...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” - 2 Chronicles 7:14
At the core of being a Jesus follower is relationships. As we look at Jesus’ life everything He did could be put into his relationship with the Father, relationship with his disciples and relationship with those who didn’t know God. At Parkside we say it’s about God, Church and World. So in this prayer time we desire to grow in relationship with God as we pray our connection with Him, with others in the church and with a world that doesn’t know Him yet.
This is just a template to help you get going. There is freedom to veer off this format but remember the two reasons we meet and that the goal is to get everyone there to be praying.
Part 1: GOD
- We will have a musician ready to lead as many worship songs as you like that enable people to tune out distractions and focus on God. (We recommend two songs up top) If you have a musician in your group that wants to lead just let us know.
- This is a great place to focus on thanksgiving and Praises to God. Thanksgiving is focused on what God has done, Praises are focused on who God is. The goal is to not move straight into asking God for things yet—we want to focus on giving him Glory, thanks and praise. This is a great place to read a scripture and have people praise God for what it says or have people share blessings God has given them recently.
Part 2: CHURCH
- You can choose specific ministries or events in the church to pray over. (For example prayer for Life Groups, New Comers or Parkside Kids.) We also have a list of upcoming events that you could use to have people pray about in this section.
- This is also a great space to pray over specific needs of people within our church. Are there some sicknesses or traumatic events in the lives of people in Parkside that we can pray for? Allowing people who are there to share can work really well. This is a great thing to do in smaller groups instead of in front of everyone.
Part 3: WORLD
We want to pray outside the walls of our church. Here are some examples of what that can look like.
- Outreach ministries of Parkside (Kids Unleashed, Feed, Read, Exceed, etc.
- Upcoming Mission Trips at Parkside
- Non Christian friends in our lives.
- Other churches in the area.
- Local and national government leaders
- The schools in the area.
- Current events in the world.
We suggest ending the night with one or two worship songs. Then one of the leaders can do a final closing prayer. Thanks again for leading the Prayer Gathering.