NOTE: THERE ARE NO CHURCH SERVICES ON 5/27 DUE TO THE FOOD RACE. INSTEAD, JOIN US AT 1120 HIGHLAND DR AT 10:00AM TO PARTICIPATE.
Our goal is to provide enough food so needy kids enrolled in the Vista School District backpack programs* have enough to eat during summer break!
Win a Trip to the Waterpark for Your Family!
We’ll get you and your family to the Wave Waterpark plus a $25 gift card for food at the waterpark.
- Get the word out. Let people know why and how you’re doing this. Ask them to drop off donations by your door or set up some space in your workplace where people can bring donations for the next few weeks.
- Bring your donations. Join us on Sunday, May 27th at 10:00am at Lifeway Baptist Church (1120 Highland Drive, VIsta) to pack the food and also for a potluck! Please bring a dish to share, chairs/blankets for you and your family!
Here’s a list of foods that fit easily in a backpack:
- Cheese/Peanut Butter Crackers, Granola Bars
- Trail Mix
- Fruit Snacks
- Cereal/Oatmeal packets
- Peanut Butter & Jelly (16 oz or smaller)
- Pasta w/ Sauce
- Canned Spaghetti
- Mac n Cheese
- Canned Soups
- Stew or Beans
- Canned Fruit (18 oz or smaller)
- Top Ramen
- Cup of Noodles
- Rice a Roni
- Bagged Rice (16 oz or smaller)
*What’s backpack program? Over 22 million children receive free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch & Breakfast Programs. For many of these children, school meals may be the only meals they eat. What happens when they go home over the weekend and summer? Backpack programs send them home with backpacks full of food to ensure they get enough to eat.